Tuesday, February 2, 2010

3959-3956 BBY: Czerka 431


I’m beginning to wonder if I should have played the KOTOR video game before I began engaging with this RPG material. As Plaristes implied in response to my last post, prior knowledge of the game is assumed when reading with this particular RPG material.

In Czerka 431, reference to the ‘Star Forge’ is made, which I think I remember from my readings on the Rakata’s Infinite Empire when I began this project way back. The Star Forge, if I remember, was some kind of super weapon, and which I assume has a significant role to play in the video game.

Czerka 431 is a small miniatures game adventure, and seems like it would be a lot of fun to play. The conflict in Czerka 431 is between Joni Ree, a scientist at the droid facility Czerka 431, and her Sith overlords, who have taken over the facility since their subsequent arrival in Republic space. The Sith are looking to manufacture the juggernaut droids made at this droid facility. The droid factory’s location and its products are highly secretive. Ree, coming to a moral impasse with her new Sith masters, is looking to escape from the facility. Knowing this, the Sith have beefed up security around the scientist.

Ree secretly sent the Republic word of her whereabouts and her desire to defect, so the Republic has sent a strike force to the facility to set her free. Herein lays the conflict. The Republic is looking to bust Ree from Czerka 431 and have her work for them, while the Sith are looking to keep the scientist, and what she knows, working for the new Sith Empire.

At the end of the day, I’m actually enjoying going through this material, even if I am at a bit of a loss as to what is going on at times. I know everything will become clearer once I’m finished with the KOTOR video game. I’ve always enjoyed the nitty-gritty details of this world, and even though this is a small source to cover, I’m glad that I have. I like knowing about Joni Ree, and of her desire to defect to the Republic. I feel like this one story furthers my appreciation of this universe. Like I said in one of my earlier posts; it’s not the outcome of these events that is important to the history of Star Wars, it’s that the events themselves took place.

For my next post I’ll be examining another RPG miniatures game titled Permanent Demotion. Until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment