Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3959-3956 BBY: Permanent Demotion




Permanent Demotion is a pretty cool RPG miniatures scenario. It’s a continuation of Czerka 431, and features assassins from the Sith Empire as well as the GenoHaradan – a secretive bounty hunter guild dating back to the time of Xim the Despot. Since the departure of Joni Ree, both the Sith Empire and the Czerka Corporation are looking for a head to roll. The Czerka Corporation is looking to hide its relation to the Sith Empire from the Republic (I suppose for monetary and public opinion reasons), and the means by which it is willing to do this is assassinate the chief administrator of the Czerka Corporation.

In this particular story, the Republic forces are responsible for keeping safe the chief administrator of the Czerka Corporation, while trying to evacuate him from Czerka facility AB-343. Meanwhile it’s the Sith’s and Genoharadan’s goal to assassinate him.

What is interesting in this particular piece of Star Wars history is the mention of the GenoHaradan. I linked the GenoHaradan to its Wookieepedia page earlier. This is the first time in Star Wars chronology that such an organization is referenced, but I’m not sure if somewhere in the Xim material, which was added after I started this project, mentioned this group already. I look forward to finding out in the near future.

I also enjoyed the prominence of assassins. I find the idea of assassins very cool, and the history and mission of the GenoHaradan interesting. I look forward to coming across this particular group in the KOTOR game.

For my next post I’ll be examining the miniatures adventure Korriban Creatures. Until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

2 comments:

  1. Was the target of the assassins the chief administrator of Czerka or just of the 431 facility? I thought it was the latter. I remember wondering if the target was even Joni, since the administrator left with Republic forces. I recall that scenario being frustratingly vague on this point. But cool on all other counts. The Genoharadan show up in one of the KOTOR games (I forget which, since I've never played either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, it was probably the cheif administrator of the 431 facility, and not the Czerka Corporation as a whole.

    I too found this adventure rather vauge. I came to the conclusion that the administrator was not Joni, since the senario was written by Sterling Hershey. If he wanted to be clear that the administrator was indeed Joni Ree, then he would have done so.

    The line: "the administrator's willing departure with the escaping Republic forces" makes the reader think that the author is referring to Joni Ree. But again, if it was, then why didn't Hershey just say so?

    ReplyDelete