Sunday, April 7, 2013

32 BBY: Star Wars Episode 1 and R2-D2 Play and Sound books.



Margret Lansing’s R2-D2 and Star Wars Episode 1 play and sound children’s books both go over brief episodes from the film.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a copy of Lansing’s Episode 1, but thanks to Plaristes for providing me with a copy of the R2-D2 play and sound book.

I have a few of these types of books for my children, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is the one I can name off the top of my head.  They’re neat.  When you read the story and get to an icon, you push a button and a sound emanates as a representation of the icon.  For example, in the R2-D2 play and sound book, when you get to an icon of R2 and push the button I assume there is an R2-D2 sound effect (I don't know for sure as I only have a scanned copy available).  The R2-D2 play and sound book details the part of episode 1 where R2 and Anakin hijack a Naboo S1 and fly off to blow up the Trade Federation cruiser. 
I’m not sure which aspect of The Phantom Menace the Episode 1 book deals with, and at this point I’m not sure I ever will.  Sadly, this is the first time in my project where I don’t have some sort of manifestation of the source in front of me.  I don’t want to buy a copy because money is tight with my wife on mat leave right now, plus, I’m not going to get worked up over a pre-school book.  I guess my completionist desire has met its limit in the form of pre-school children’s books.

For my next post I’m going to briefly look at Star Wars Saga Annual 2006, Star Wars Annual 2007, Star Wars Annual 2009, and TPM Pocket Money Treats.  Again, thanks to Plaristes for sharing his copies of these with me.  Until then my friends, may the Force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. My copy of the Episode I book is in a box right now, so I can't easily check, but if memory serves it covers the pod race from TPM.

    ReplyDelete